Introductions

I’ve been wanting to start a blog like this for sometime. I’ll get into my reasons a bit later. But here are some things you should know about me:

  • I am twenty-something years old, not-married, and currently go to Brigham Young University.
  • I served an honorable two year mission.
  • I was born and raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS or Mormon Church for short).
  • My family on both sides can trace their ancestors past the pioneers who came across the plains.
  • I have been struggling with doubts about religion since I was a teenager, however it's only recently that I have started to realize that I may actually have to do something about this internal struggle.
  • My friends, family, and girlfriend have no idea about my feelings. Most would probably describe me as a solid member of the Church.
  • I still try to live by all of the commandments (i.e. rules) that the church teaches...at least publicly. I live the Word of Wisdom (health code), am morally chaste, and go to church weekly. However, in private I have ceased to study the scriptures (I only see holes and contradictions) and haven't prayed for quite some time now.
I feel alone.

1 Response to "Introductions"

  1. Well, my friend, you are *not* alone, and many have questioned and come to different conclusions... Good luck on your road--it isn't easy and many times not very comfortable... But it's not a journey that should kill you either--that's the bright side, LOL!

    Having read your five posts here, you obviously feel you have a long way to go before you reach any type of solid conclusions, but no matter which side of the fence (belief vs atheism) you end up on, just no you never are alone... Many of us have been there, and while each journey is unique, there are plenty of similarities as well... Best of luck to you...

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger